Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Worship is Not...

I'll be starting a new series on the topic of what worship is not. It is highly important that as lead worshippers we don't fall into the lies of what worship is not, eventually taking glory and attention from the people that rightly belongs to God. So I ask that you take these next few blog posts as warnings to your leading and alerts to the pitfalls ahead of you.

Please follow me as we tackle the important behind-the-scenes issues of the lead worshipper's heart. Please be open to the fact that there might be some things you need to confess and repent of, as will I. Let us ask God to search our hearts and expose any evil thing in them, especially when it comes to leading His people into worship.

I leave you with these two verses:

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? 'I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.'" -Jeremiah 17:9-10

"Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" -Psalms 139:23-24


Blessings,
Nick